Netflix App : In a world that has become more choice-based and digital, Netflix is ruling the scene when it comes to television shows on demand, at the touch of your screen. Through its recommendations, it also helps you find shows that cater to your tastes base on your viewing history. From a high-traffic website, it is now an app, evolving with the times. An app that is designed to be user-friendly and compatible with the most operating software. This move has propelled its popularity, so much, so it has spawned innuendoes, “Netflix and Chill” as well as turned its very name into a verb, “Let’s ‘Netflix.’” That’s when you know you’ve made it when your company’s very name becomes so self-explanatory that it comes to replace the verb that would describe what it is meant to do.
Netflix is also worth subscribing to because of the very well made, well received and critically acclaimed original shows it has created over the past few years.
How to download Netflix app?
The perks of having the Netflix app on a portable device is that it offers you the choice of downloading movies or shows, or in this case, pre-loading it so that you can watch it on the go, while traveling, for example, without the need for internet connection. However, to enjoy this feature, you will need to have a compatible phone, or tablet running iOS 8 or later or Android 4.4.2 or later, and then ensure that you have the Netflix app installed and up-to-date.
Read More : Movie HD app
After this short paragraph explaining to the reader why this article is relevant, let’s dive into how you can own the Netflix App on your personal device, or devices.
Downloading Netflix from the iTunes store
Netflix on iTunes is currently in Version 9.2.0. While the version has claimed it has fixed a few bugs that slowed down the app, users are not in full agreement. The Netflix App on the iTunes store seems to be less well received than the Netflix App that Google Play offers. The app has reported numerous times for users who attempt to use it to view shows from their iPhone 6’s.
However, since iOS are universal, the Netflix App on the iTunes store is supported by both iPhones and iPads of all make and model and installs for free at the click of a button. Subscriptions can be through iTunes where you can buy based on their monthly subscription fees for one up to four devices, or what Netflix calls, screens. Subscriptions can thus be managed by the user through either iTunes or Netflix. This means that if you already have a Netflix account and download the app from the store you can merely enter your username and password and enjoy access through your already existing subscription. It is important to know that auto-renewal is turned on by default the same can be turned off at any point by going to the user’s Account Settings on the device.
Netflix for Android (Google Play)
Android phones and tablets currently support streaming in 480p. Netflix for Android on Google Play has done exceptionally well and is enjoyed by an overwhelming majority of people who have tried it. It regularly updates the app to fit new software updates and fixes bugs with each new update efficiently. The latest version has SD Card support on almost all Android devices. Thus you can now save shows onto different locations, one of those places being your external SD card. Further, the newly added Download Location app setting lets the user control whether to save downloaded content on the phone’s Internal Storage or SD Card.
Installing Netflix App on your Android Device:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android Device.
- On the search bar look for Netflix.
- Tap on the Netflix app in the list.
- Tap Free and then confirm by selecting OK on the dialogue box that appears.
- It will install automatically. If there are issues with installation or opening installed App on your Android Device, follow the instructions under the “When your device is not App-Compatible” head.
- Installation is complete when a message that displays on the top of your screen says “Successfully Installed Netflix.”
- Find and launch the Netflix
- Log in to your Netflix account or create a new one through the app if you do not have one.
- Search for titles on the search bar which you will find by tapping the magnifying glass in the upper right corner. You can scroll through different genres, recommended videos or go to the menu bar on the top left corner to find all the options the site has to offer you.
- During playback, press the Subtitles and Alternate Audio icon at the top of the screen to configure subtitles and alternate language audio.
Also Read : Tubi TV
Note: The steps may vary slightly depending on if the device was customized by you or the device manufacturer.
Enjoy your viewing experience!
When your device is not App-Compatible!!
Certain tablets might not show the Netflix app on first searching for it on the app store. To fix this slight inconvenience, you can install the app using an apk, which is an application installation package that you can download online. However, to enable its installation without your device’s software blocking it, you will need to change security settings o your device. You can undo these settings later on when you have installed the app.
If you are unable to find the app on Play Store or it is not installing, try the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Settings
- Tap on Security
- In the list of options given, select the option allowing your device to Install apps from sources other than Play Store.
- Tap OK and confirm this change to move ahead.
Next, on your device visit a site which gives you a free downloadable link to the Netflix apk. You will find that Netflix also provides an apk link through their website – http://mcdn.netflix.com/us/mobile/android/1142/netflix-3.1-41-1142-release.apk.
- Download the link.
- In most cases, a blank screen will indicate that the download is about to start, you must close the screen for the download to commence.
- Go to the Apps Menu
- Go to Downloads
- Your downloaded apk file will be there. Locate the file and open it.
- Tap on Install
- Installation is complete when the notification bar at the top of the screen displays Successfully Installed Netflix.
- Launch the Netflix app, enter your credentials and you are ready to enjoy your personalized viewing experience.
Downloading the Netflix app and testing out the experience is worth it. It gives you complete control over numerous selections of movies, old and new, and favorite shows at the touch of the button all for an affordable sum every month.
If navigating technology has scared you and that is why you now shy away from an app like Netflix, you will be missing out. Hopefully, this article will help you on your way to days of entertainment galore.